Saturday, September 25, 2010

What I have been working on...

.... is Applique!
Right now, I am constructing a tote with this appliqued piece. Somehow, I really wanted to make something with wool felt recently. Probably because of  feeling a hint of Autumn. So I had quite a fun time doing this project this week.

Wool on wool and some cotton/linen fabrics.

Lots of blanket stitches. I layered several materials for giving 3 dimensional effect on this piece.

Then added sequins for giving some sparkles.


The next day of finishing the applique, I took these pictures of my little container garden. I just thought that the dew drops on the plants are so beautiful. I always love having plants around my life. I love to look little changes they show me everyday. And now, I knew where the inspiration of the applique I just finished came from. There are so many things inspire me in my everyday life. I think it is a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment