Thursday, December 1, 2011

Products for First Friday Sneak Peek

I am honored to be invited to First Friday as the guest artist of this month by Junk Evolution. This afternoon, I brought in my works to Junk Evolution for tomorrow. I am going to sell my bags and accessories. Store hour tomorrow is 5:00-9:00. I will stay there from about 5:30 to 9:00. So I would talk with customers about my work and so on. If you are in Michiana, please come to see me. I am looking forward to seeing you and all.

I made some new products for this event. Here I show you some pictures of them. I can't wait to hear from folks what they think about my work. My main theme of this event is "Recycle". I used antique Kimono silk, vintage clothes and things from thrift stores as materials.


The Hound's tooth tote bag is made of old skirt. I added wool embroidery on the front. And the bottom one is a crocheted belt pouch. The belt is from recycling store. I picked out belts in very good condition and washed them carefully so it is so clean! The crocheted pattern is star stitch. This technique is now very popular among Japanese crocheters in Japan. The pouch comes with hand stitched felt brooch.

I made some elegant bags with these precious antique Kimono silks which have been waiting to be used in my stash for long time. I am sure they will be special gifts for Holidays.

There will be many more items showing up. Beaded jewelries, Flower brooches and more. I have been so busy to getting ready. Lots of small jobs like making price tags etc....

I am going to show how to use Furoshiki (Japanese wrapping cloth) on Saturday 11:00-1:00 at Junk Evolution as well. Furoshiki is perfect tool for gift giving. It is free, so please come to learn!

Stay warm and have a great weekend! Happy December!

1 comment:

  1. I hope your show is a great success! Your bags look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete