Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Calling for all the sock knitters!

As I mentioned before in this post, I am writing serial essay in Japanese popular knitting and crocheting magazine Knit Marche. I am now working on the next issue and I need your help!! The theme is sock knitting this time. My editor and I are thinking to have some images of knitted socks by sock knitters in the world on my pages in the next issue. This issue will be coming in September so right now this is the time for us to collect and integrate all the materials we need for the issue in a couple weeks.


Do you want to show off your masterpiece in Japanese knitting magazine? Do you have an adorable pair of socks you've finished recently? It doesn't matter what knitting skill level you are in. We want to share with Japanese readers that how sock knitters in the world enjoy knitting socks. If you are interested in this project, please let me know by sending email to me at {harujiondesign at gmail dot com} with some information about you that I listed below. I will get back to you soon with more detail.

***Please include in your email
a) Your name
b) Where you live in
c) What technique you use for knitting socks (DPN,  One or more circular needle(s), Magic loop, 2-at-a-time, Toe-up, Cuff-down, etc....)

If I got more applicants than we need, I will need to pick one or two applicants from them. What I will ask the selected applicants are a few images of your socks and maybe a picture of you knitting socks in action. That would be much greater! Also there will be a survey with a few questions.

When the magazine is out I will post about that in this blog and send a copy of the issue from Japan to the cooperator(s). I hope many of you are interested in this and look forward to hearing from you!

It is raining pretty hard here now and we have leaks from the ceiling in our kitchen (;_;)....... This is not a very happy day for us but I wish you have a beautiful Wednesday. Thank you so much.

Love,
Hiromi



No comments:

Post a Comment